We, advisorybay, respect your privacy. This policy, along with other relevant terms and conditions, describes how any personal data collected from you, or provided to us, will be handled. Please read it carefully to understand how we use and protect your personal data.
By using our website, you consent to the processing of personal data as described in this policy. As per The EU Regulation for General Data Protection (GDPR) 2016/679, the data controller is advisorybay AG, Uster West 28, 8610 Uster, Switzerland.
This policy was last updated Friday 9th August 2019.
What do we mean by personal data?
The term "Personal Data" refers to personally identifiable information about you, like your name, work history or e-mail address.
When do we collect personal data?
We may collect and use personal data about you as follows:
· Information provided by you when registering on our website. This may include profile information, and postings or messages sent by you, requests for support or further service, payment processing, rating and feedback.
· Details on any transaction you do on our website.
· Any information provided when raising an issue or concern including potential disputes about work quality/delivery.
· We may keep a record of your correspondence with us or between platform users.
· We might at some stage issue voluntary surveys to our user population and your potential answers could be kept on file.
· We sometimes add information about you from third parties, like LinkedIn during the registration process, with your permission.
· We will also collect data through the use of analytics tools that automatically collect data on how the website is used so that we can further improve our service.
How do we use personal data?
We will use your Personal Data to enable you to use our marketplace or to fulfill any request from you. The marketplace functions by having searchable profiles with information about your professional experience and competence. This is information provided by the user and the user must agree that this information can be shared in order to enable customers to search for and find the relevant user. We will only ask for the personal data that is relevant and will not hold excessive data about you. We might contact you from time to time using the email you registered (as long as you have specifically requested not to be contacted in this way) or by posting messages on our website. Here are some examples of how we will use your personal data and when we might contact you:
- To inform you about new services available on our website.
- To inform you about new functionality available on our website.
- We may notify you of new content on our website that we believe is of interest to you.
- We may send you information about our services or your account as and when requested by you.
- We may contact you for marketing and market research purposes.
- We will use your Personal Data to provide the service offered by our website, to administrate it and run the website.
- We will use your Personal Data to enable you to take part in interactive features on our website.
- We may contact you to notify you of any changes to our terms and conditions or other policies.
- We may use your Personal Data to mitigate risk, or to detect, prevent, and/or remediate fraud, suspected fraud or other potentially illegal activities.
- We may use Personal Data in marketing of the platform and Consultant services.
Unsubscribe to emails
We hope you will be happy with our service and find the information we provide useful. If you do not wish to receive such emails, however, you can un-subscribe in your account settings.
Anonymous data collected through this website
In addition to the Personal Data we collect as described above, we may use technology to collect anonymous information about the use of our website. For instance, we will log which pages visitors view in order to improve the effectiveness of our website. This will not identify you personally, but simply enable us to compile statistics about our visitors and their use of our website.
Data collected through third parties
Third party analytics and advertisement providers
We may work with third parties like advertising agencies and providers that use technology to help us understand how people use our website. These providers may use technologies to provide you with advertisements. We may, at a future stage, work with network advertisers, ad agencies, analytics providers and other suppliers that provide us with information regarding use of the website, including pages viewed and the actions taken when using the website; to serve our advertisements on other websites, within mobile apps and elsewhere online; and to provide us with information regarding the use of our services and the effectiveness of our advertisements. Some of these parties may collect personal information when you visit the website or other websites and services. We may also share certain non-identifying information with these parties, in connection with the services they provide to us.
Data collected automatically
As is common for commercial websites, we will receive technical information about how you use our services. We use this information to improve our service or save your log in information for when you return, as an example. The information collected in this way may include what operating system and browser you are using, the URL or advertisement that referred you to the our site, the search you entered in order to find your consultant, areas within the portal that you visited, where you click, which content you viewed and timing, response times, download errors and other information commonly shared when browsers communicate with websites. We may combine this automatically collected data with other data we collect about you. We do this to improve our service, measure impact of marketing, analytics, and website functionality. This also includes the Internet Protocol address or other unique device identifier for any device used to access the website.
In order to collect the anonymous data described above, we may use temporary "cookies" that remain in the cookie file of your browser until the browser is closed. Cookies cannot be used to discover the identity of the user. A cookie is a small piece of information sent to your browser and stored on your computer. Cookies do not damage your computer. You can set your browser to notify you if you receive a cookie so that you can decide if you want to accept it or not.
We will also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website. An IP address is a code that identifies your computer on the Internet. Your IP address is also used to gather basic demographic information that we may use to further our understanding of the market.
Disclosure of your Personal Data
Your data is safe with us and we will not share it with other third parties, except in some very limited circumstances as described below:
- We will share Personal Data with payment providers to enable taking payment and paying out.
- We may share information with providers, like Google Analytics, to monitor the use of our website.
- We may disclose information to comply with a legal requirement, interacting with anti-fraud databases, to protect your interest, to protect the integrity of our databases or website, to take safety measures against legal liability, or if we sell, merge or dissolve our business. We will inform you of any such disclosure as required by law.
- You consent to and direct that we may disclose necessary information to relevant authorities in the investigations of fraud or other illegal activity or potential illegal activity, or to conduct investigations of violations of our terms and conditions and other policies.
- We may share information about a Consultant profile in marketing the Platform in general or the services provided by a Consultant specifically.
You should be aware, however, that you might share some of your own data by triggering interaction between our site and other third party website. For instance, by such functionality as “liking” or “sharing” through social network services. If you choose to “like” or share content, or to otherwise share information from or via our website with a third party site or service, that information may be publicly displayed, and the third party may have access to information about you and your use of our website. This may include your IP address, which page you are visiting on our website, and may use a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Your information exchange with third parties through such features are governed by the respective privacy policies of those third parties.
Data access and corrections
When receiving a written request and sufficient information to permit us to identify your personal data, we will disclose to you the personal data we hold about you, for which we may charge and administration fee not exciting the maximum limit set out in applicable law. We will correct or delete any personal data that is inaccurate and notify any third-party recipients of any necessary changes. You may update any information given to us at any time by editing your account information / profile. Should you wish to delete your account, you may do so by written request.
Links to other websites
Transfer of data abroad
Our data is held on servers located within the European Economic Area (EEA). If we share data with third parties outside the EEA, for instance a global payment provider to facilitate a payment from a customer outside the EEA, we will ensure that such third parties keep your personal data confidential and hold it securely in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Protection of your personal data
All personnel will comply with the internal rules and processes in relation to the processing of personal data to protect them and ensure the confidentiality of such information.
We have implemented acceptable technical measures and business processes to protect personal data against unauthorised, accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, change, misuse, disclosure or access and against all other unlawful ways of processing. These security measures have been put in place considering current technology, cost, risks presented by the use and the nature of the personal data, with particular attention to sensitive information.
We use appropriate security measures for the personal data we receive, but the transmission of data over the internet or email is never completely secure. We will protect your personal data as long as we are in possession of it, but cannot guarantee the security of data as it is transmitted into our website or from the website.
How long is information kept?
We will hold your personal data on our systems for the longest of the following periods: a) as long as is necessary to complete relevant open activities, like issuing final payments; b) any retention period that is required by law or regulation; or c) the end of the period in which litigation or investigations might arise.
You have the right to control the use of your personal data, including:
· Asking for a copy or transcript of your personal data
· Asking for your personal data to be changed or updated
· Request that your personal data is deleted
· Request that we desist in using your personal data
· Request that we limit or otherwise restrict the processing of your personal data
We have designed your account settings so that you can control many of these aspects directly. You can at any time update, change or delete your personal data from account settings. If you have questions, concerns or otherwise would like to engage us about the use of your personal data, please contact us by using the contact form on the website.
Right to complain
If you are unhappy with how we handled your personal information, or any privacy query or request raised you also have a right to complain to a data protection authority in the place where you live or work.